Mary Mary Quite Contrary - Does Your Garden Grow?

I Started this Blog because I have just begun to learn how to grow plants from seeds and I am hoping to get some good advice from experienced growers on how to keep my plants alive.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Collecting Cypress Vine Seed

I am trying to collect seed right now and have been all over the internet researching where to collect seed from each plant, most of the time I have found out just by observation. So for anyone trying to collect seed from a Cypress Vine here is what the seed pod looks like:





When it turns brown and dry you can pick the seed pod and it will contain between one to four seeds:



This is what the seed looks like:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    is it possible to keep Cypress Vine inside year round or even just continue to grow them inside?

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Gingersnapp said…

    Hi Nathan,
    I grew some over last winter because I wanted to see if the seed was viable. It grew in the house by my southern window and did quite well.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thanks much gingersnapp.
    i will try my luck at it this year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home