Mary Mary Quite Contrary - Does Your Garden Grow?

I Started this Blog because I have just begun to learn how to grow plants from seeds and I am hoping to get some good advice from experienced growers on how to keep my plants alive.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer is Almost Over



Well I guess I got busy and didn't keep this blog up like I should have, but I have to say for my first experience in seed growing most of my plants did quite well. I have learned alot and will probably have an even better crop of things next year.

Everything I have on my deck this year was either grown from seed, the original plant from last year or propagated from originals. I guess if I can find room in my house I will never have to buy another plant.

Here are what is left of my container tomatoes and pepers, they are about shot now, but I must say I probably got 50 or 60 lbs of tomatoes out of them. My peppers didn't do as well so next year will put the plants in larger pots to try and get them to produce more fruit.

I started the seed the end of January and picked my first tomato on June 6th. Here is MO everyone tries to get a red tomato by the 4th of July so I beat them all by a month:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home