Mary Mary Quite Contrary - Does Your Garden Grow?

I Started this Blog because I have just begun to learn how to grow plants from seeds and I am hoping to get some good advice from experienced growers on how to keep my plants alive.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My New "GROW" Room

I had so many plants I wanted to keep this year we decided to take the old room of one of my grown kids and use it for a "grow" room. It has a southern window and I used it last winter to start my plants.

We cleaned it all out and painted it with a 98% reflectivity white roofing paint which I had read on a "Cannabas" blog was a good paint for a growing room for marijuana, so figured it would work for any plants.

We used metal shelving that I had from last year and put up some white wall shelves.

We put in a small ceiling fan for good circulation and used a three bulb fixture with high wattage fluorescent bulbs. We used 23 watt which is equivelant to 100 watt regular bulbs, so it looks like 300 watts. It is now a very bright room.

This is what it looks like empty:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home